At A Glance
- Data and images have been linked with universal product code (UPC).
- Provides retailers, manufacturers, brokers, distributors, and others real-time visibility into complete package-level attributes including weights and dimensions, detailed ingredient information, nutritional fact panel data, and all dimensions of images from hundreds of thousands of products.
- Additional nutritional information includes characteristics derived from standard industry or government agency definitions, such as “good source of protein” or “high fiber”.
- Common Foods Database includes popular recipes from around the world, curated and analyzed by on-staff registered dietitians, so retailers and manufacturers can provide more detailed nutritional information.
- Package details and images on new products or updates to existing products are added daily.
- Provides product, brand, manufacturer, and category-specific insights.
Provide product information management and digital asset management insights to manufacturers, retailers and distributors on the package attributes, nutritional data, and ingredient information for the CPG, health and beauty, and food service industries, along with their categories across North America.
Syndigo brings together nutrition information from a network of restaurant chains, foodservice providers, and grocery stores covering more than 92% of food products in the US and Canada.
Began in 1999. Conducted continuously. Ongoing.
Syndigo has been providing insights about product content and digital assets for more than 20 years. They continuously receive new products and updates to existing products from their manufacturer and retailer clients across the grocery, drug, mass, eCommerce, and specialty channels.
Syndigo provides an end-to-end solution to create, manage, syndicate, enrich and optimize consumer product information across the retailer ecosystem. CPG and health & beauty products are constantly changing packaging information and ingredients, and Syndigo works with their brand, retailer, and distributor clients to maintain near real-time updates to product information through their Content Experience Hub (CXH) platform.
SVP, Corporate Development & Solutions Delivery
Panel survey of products sold in the U.S. and worldwide. For further information on sampling design, contact Syndigo.
Source of Information
Thousands of new and updated products processed each week.
Approximately 3,000,000 stock-keeping units (distinct products that can be purchased) in 2020.
|Product nutrition labeling information|
|Product package dimensions|
|Product package images|
|Serving size information (household unit and gram weight)|
|Derived wellness claims|
Data Access and Cost
Syndigo’s data is obtained through licensing a subscription to one of our several databases. For more information contact Syndigo.
Syndigo costs vary depending on solution delivered.
Syndigo, LLC is a private-equity owned company that licenses product data and digital assets.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to link Syndigo Nutrient Database data on brands with nutrient information from other databases. Learn more.
Byrd-Bredbenner C, Bredbenner CA. Assessing the home food environment nutrient supply using mobile barcode (Universal Product Code) scanning technology. Nutrition and Food Science 2010;40(3):305-313.